The UESPWiki, covering The Elder Scrolls since 1995. Breezehome is a Whiterun-available home. During the main quest, you will be presented with Breezehome as your first housing option. Since there is no arcane enchanter in Breezehome, it is also the cheapest house in
The UESPWiki, covering The Elder Scrolls since 1995.
Breezehome is a Whiterun-available home.
During the main quest, you will be presented with Breezehome as your first housing option. Since there is no arcane enchanter in Breezehome, it is also the cheapest Skyrim:Houses" target="_blank">house in Skyrim.
It's right by Warmaiden's, the inn just inside Whiterun's front door. A convenient set of Smithing stations is located next to Breezehome, making it a good place to live for someone who uses that skill frequently.
First, you must finish the quest Bleak Falls Barrow for the Jarl of Whiterun so that you can buy the house. After it's done, Proventus Avenicci will sell it to you for 5,000 gold. The full price of the house (with all upgrades) comes to 6,800 gold, or 6,550 gold if you have Hearthfire installed and forego the alchemy laboratory in favor of a children's bedroom.
You can get a quest marker for Proventus from his daughter Adrianne Avenicci, who can usually be found outside of Warmaiden's, just inside the gates to Whiterun, if you're having trouble tracking him down.
Whiterun Home Decorating Guide, a book provided by Proventus upon purchase, lists all of the interior decoration options that can be made to a home by using materials sold by Proventus. While in Dragonsreach, Proventus will only sell upgrades. If he is in his bedroom or on the Great Porch, decorating your home will be disabled.
There is just one single area inside of it.
Residents [ edit ]
Articles for the Home [ edit ]
It's filthy, dusty, and covered in cobwebs when first purchased, before any upgrades have been added. On the second floor, there's a double bed and a chest that's currently empty. One can find a long wooden table and bench in the basement. Crates, a few broken chairs, and a fire pit with no fire are the only other furnishings. You will find Lydia's room fully furnished, cleaned, and partitioned off from the rest of the loft if you have already been made a Thane. No other partitions exist inside.
When you make upgrades to your home, you gain access to certain features and furnishings (detailed below).
ID following: ( 00 0e4ec8 )
Next: (ID after) 00 0c6e3a )
Following the ID: ( 00 0e4ec9 )
ID following: ( 00 0c6e3c )
Affirmative after: ( 00 0c6e39 )
Next: (ID after) xx 004274 )
ID following: ( 00 0e4eca )
Double doors and an interior wall are installed. The Number One Alchemy Laboratory One (1) Medical Bag 1 shelved bookcase 2 Chairs 1 Chest % 1 Table Assorted Wall Artwork
Double doors and an interior wall are installed. 2 Chairs 1 Dresser You'll need three end tables (one of which should be placed in the loft). 1 Table A plaque depicting a shield and two crossed iron greatswords Two Artwork for the Wall
Replaces the standard wooden dining table with a higher-end model Only 1 Useable Barrel * 1 Chair 1 Cupboard Double Wall Shelves
1 Saucepan 1 Shelf Unit 1 Table Plants that can be harvested: 3 wall hangings 1 rug
Reapable Garlic Fish 3
You Get 1 Shelving Unit With This Bookcase 2 Chairs 1 Cupboard There Are Three Shelves On The Wall 2 Tables Wall Plaque, Number One, for Arms 2 Slots for Weapons Rack
2 Chairs 1 Cupboard 1 Table Wall Plaque, Number One, for Arms 4 Ornaments for the Wall
Two Twin Beds for Kids Relative to the Chest, the Proportion is 2 one wall shelf For Kids: 1 Practice Mannequin Assorted Wall Artwork, Number 4
It involves the construction of a new wall and the installation of two sets of doors inside the building. Belonging to 1 Person; Owned One Single Bed 1 Dresser An Accommodating Table, Number 1
This pair can be replaced with another at any time, and the option to do so is always available to buyers. The chest in the Alchemy Lab's bookcase holds the same items as the chest in the Children's Bedroom's wall shelf, and vice versa.
A Children's Bedroom replaces this, and if you later convert that space back into an Alchemy Lab, it will be empty.
Notes [ edit ]
- You don't need to buy this or any other house in the game to become thane, but it's still the only one you can buy in the base game. Complete Dragon Rising while Balgruuf the Greater is jarl, and you will become thane regardless of whether or not Breezehome is around.
- The Alchemy Lab can be transformed into a Child's Bedroom by installing the Hearthfire expansion, but you may want to clear out the books on the bookcase first. Those books will stay in the room, but they'll be hidden under the bed so that only those on the top shelf are visible.
- Everything in the apothecary's bag is secure. The contents of the Children's Bedroom won't change if the Alchemy Lab is relocated there.
- If you change to a child's bedroom and then back, the contents of the floor chest will be moved to the top chest and remain there. That's a claim that needs checking 
- All other containers are safe and do not respawn unless otherwise specified.
- Adopted children in Whiterun will make some interesting observations in conversation:
- To put it simply, I enjoy my time here. What a lovely tree we have in the park. (girls)
- To put it bluntly, Braith is a jerk. She is always giving Lars and me orders. I'm done playing with her. (girls)
- Today at the park, Lucia and I played. My heart goes out to her (girls)
- What a fantastic place Dragonsreach is! However, every single one of the children there is cruel. (boys)
- What a milk drinker Lars is. It's embarrassing that he can't even defend himself against a female opponent. (boys)
- In response to the question, "How are the kids?" Depending on their voice type, they may respond with one of the following options:
- To a reasonable degree This house is fine for the two of us, but if we have kids it will be too small. It's time for us to move into a more spacious location.
- Just fine Whiterun is a beautiful town, and the kids here have a blast playing with one another.
- Optimal in every way Whiterun has everything a kid could want: beautiful weather, wide open spaces, and fun neighbors. What else is there to ask for
- Fine, fine There are a lot of kids around to play with and fight with. Numerous vocations to explore A family could feel safe and secure here.
- In the original concept, the player would have met a squatter named Terek in Breezehome, but he was cut from the final product.
Bugs [ edit ]
- See the Houses page's Bugs section for information on these and other issues that affect every home.
- On the main floor, beside the fire pit, there is a bookcase. Removing a book from this bookcase could cause it to freeze, preventing you from retrieving any of the books inside.
- Release 1 includes a fix for this issue. 3 Patch 7.0.0 for Skyrim Official Release
- You may have heard that Lydia is supposed to sleep in the housecarl's bedroom, but in practice she has made a habit of crashing in your space and hogging your chair.
- This issue has been resolved as of version 1. The Unofficial Skyrim Patch v0.
- If you install Dawnguard after you've already decorated Breezehome, you might run into a glitch when trying to do so. Unlike other items in Breezehome, the alchemy lab will remain in your inventory even after you've bought it.
- It's possible that the weapon plaque in the loft and the weapon rack by the entrance are out of reach.
- Version 2 eliminates this issue. Unofficial Patch 1.0.0 for Skyrim
- Even if you haven't bought Breezehome yet, you will be able to access it once you've won the Battle for Whiterun. The steward, however, still insists that you pay the 5,000 gold price for the home.
- Even if you decide to swap out your alchemy lab for a kid's room, you won't lose that option once you've made the purchase.
- It has been fixed in the latest version 1. Hearthfire Unofficial Patch Version 0.
- While Avenicci is out there on the balcony, it's possible that the option to also buy a kid-sized bed will disappear.
Gallery [ edit ]
More and more homes are built with open floor plans that combine the kitchen and living room, but this doesn't make decorating them any easier.
A sunroom is an enclosed outdoor space that brings the outdoors in while still providing the conveniences of a room inside. Whether you're relaxing with a good book or enjoying your morning coffee, this is the ideal spot for either. You can make your sunroom the most popular room in the house by
While it's true that you shouldn't evaluate a book by its cover, we believe it's often appropriate to do so with a house. Not to put undue stress on the foyer, but it is important that it convey the overall style and mood of your home. ) They're also some of the most exciting places
Balloons are a fun and inexpensive way to decorate for any occasion; the only limits are your imagination and your ability to tie a knot.