The UESPWiki, covering The Elder Scrolls since 1995.
Breezehome is a Whiterun-available home.
During the main quest, you will be presented with Breezehome as your first housing option. Since there is no arcane enchanter in Breezehome, it is also the cheapest house in Skyrim.
It's right by Warmaiden's, the inn just inside Whiterun's front door. Because a full set of Smithing stations is so close by, a character who uses Smithing frequently will find Breezehome to be convenient.
First, you must finish the quest Bleak Falls Barrow for the Jarl of Whiterun so that you can buy the house. When he's done, Proventus Avenicci will sell you the house for 5,000 gold. The full cost of the house (with all upgrades) is 6,800 gold, or 6,550 gold if Hearthfire is already installed and the alchemy laboratory is replaced with a children's bedroom.
You can get a quest marker for Proventus from his daughter Adrianne Avenicci, who can usually be found outside of Warmaiden's, just inside the gates to Whiterun, if you're having trouble tracking him down.
After you finish Dragon Rising, you'll have to give Lydia a small room in the attic so she can serve as your housecarl. A dresser, an end table, a sack, and a bed she owns fill her room.
Whiterun Home Decorating Guide, a book provided by Proventus upon purchase, lists all of the interior decoration options that can be made to a home by using materials sold by Proventus. While in Dragonsreach, Proventus will only sell upgrades. If he is in his bedroom or on the Great Porch, decorating your home will be disabled.
Proventus will relocate to Solitude and stop selling upgrades if the Stormcloaks conquer Whiterun. Instead, from then on, Brill can offer you Dragonsreach expansions.
There is just one single area inside of it.
Residents [ edit ]
Articles for the Home [ edit ]
It's filthy, dusty, and covered in cobwebs when first purchased, before any upgrades have been added. On the second floor, there's a double bed and a chest that's currently empty. One can find a long wooden table and bench in the basement. Crates, a few broken chairs, and a fire pit with no fire are the only other furnishings. You will find Lydia's room fully furnished, cleaned, and partitioned off from the rest of the loft if you have already been made a Thane. No other partitions exist inside.
When you make upgrades to your home, you gain access to certain features and furnishings (detailed below).
ID following: ( 00 0e4ec8 )
Next: (ID after) 00 0c6e3a )
Following the ID: ( 00 0e4ec9 )
ID following: ( 00 0c6e3c )
Affirmative after: ( 00 0c6e39 )
Next: (ID after) xx 004274 )
ID following: ( 00 0e4eca )
Double doors and an interior wall are installed. The Number One Alchemy Laboratory One (1) Medical Bag 1 shelved bookcase 2 Chairs 1 Chest % 1 Table Assorted Wall Artwork
Double doors and an interior wall are installed. 2 Chairs 1 Dresser You'll need three end tables (one of which should be placed in the loft). 1 Table A plaque depicting a shield and two crossed iron greatswords Two Artwork for the Wall
Replaces the standard wooden dining table with a higher-end model Only 1 Useable Barrel * 1 Chair 1 Cupboard Wall Mounted Shelves, Set of 2
1 Saucepan 1 Shelf Unit 1 Table Plants that can be harvested: 3 wall hangings 1 rug
Reapable Garlic Fish 3
You Get 1 Shelving Unit With This Bookcase 2 Chairs 1 Cupboard There Are Three Shelves On The Wall 2 Tables Wall Plaque, Number One, for Arms 2 Slots for Weapons Rack
2 Chairs 1 Cupboard 1 Table Wall Plaque, Number One, for Arms 4 Ornaments for the Wall
Two Twin Beds for Kids Relative to the Chest, the Proportion is 2 one wall shelf For Kids: 1 Practice Mannequin There are four ornaments on the wall.
It involves the construction of a new wall and the installation of two sets of doors inside the building. Personal Use Of One Owned Single Bed 1 Dresser An Accommodating Table, Number 1
The choice to replace with another of these is always available if you decide to buy one. The chest in the Alchemy Lab's bookcase holds the same items as the chest in the Children's Bedroom's wall shelf, and vice versa.
A Children's Bedroom replaces this, and if you later convert that space back into an Alchemy Lab, it will be empty.
Notes [ edit ]
- You don't need to buy this or any other house in the game to become thane, but it's still the only one you can buy in the base game. Complete Dragon Rising while Balgruuf the Greater is jarl, and you will become thane regardless of whether or not Breezehome is around.
- The Alchemy Lab can be transformed into a Child's Bedroom by installing the Hearthfire expansion, but you may want to clear out the books on the bookcase first. Those books will stay in the room, but they'll be hidden under the bed so that only those on the top shelf are visible.
- Everything in the apothecary's bag is secure. The contents of the Children's Bedroom won't change if the Alchemy Lab is relocated there.
- If you change to a child's bedroom and then back, the contents of the floor chest will be moved to the top chest and remain there. That's a claim that needs checking 
- All other containers are safe and do not respawn unless otherwise specified.
- Adopted children who grow up in Whiterun will bring a fresh perspective to the city in their conversations.
- This is a nice place, and I hope to return. How lovely is that park tree? (girls)
- To put it bluntly, Braith is a jerk. Incessantly, she gives Lars and me orders. I'm done playing with her. (girls)
- Today at the park, Lucia and I played. My heart goes out to her (girls)
- What a fantastic place Dragonsreach is! However, every single one of the children there is cruel. (boys)
- What a milk drinker Lars is. It's embarrassing that he can't even defend himself against a female opponent. (boys)
- If you ask your partner, "How are the children?" Depending on their voice type, they may respond with one of the following options:
- To a reasonable degree This house is fine for the two of us, but if we have kids it will be too small. It's time for us to move into a more spacious location.
- Just fine The kids in Whiterun have a great time hanging out with one another and playing games.
- Optimal in every way Whiterun has everything a kid could want: beautiful weather, wide open spaces, and fun neighbors. Just about nothing else, really.
- Fine, fine A large number of children are present for play and conflict. There is a wide variety of skills to develop. A family could feel safe and secure here.
- In the original concept, the player would have met a squatter named Terek in Breezehome, but he was cut from the final product.
Bugs [ edit ]
- For information and solutions to issues that affect all homes, please visit the Bugs section of the Houses page.
- On the main floor, beside the fire pit, there is a bookcase. Removing a book from this bookcase could cause it to freeze, preventing you from retrieving any of the books inside.
- Release 1 includes a fix for this issue. 3 Patch 7.0.0 for Skyrim Official Release
- You may have heard that Lydia is supposed to sleep in the housecarl's bedroom, but in practice she has made a habit of crashing in your space and hogging your chair.
- Version 1 has a fix for this issue. Skyrim Unofficial Patch Version 0.
- You might run into an issue when trying to buy Breezehome decorations after installing Dawnguard. Unlike other items in Breezehome, the alchemy lab will remain in your inventory even after you've bought it.
- Version 1 has the fix for this problem. Unofficial Patch 1.0 for Dawnguard
- The problem can also be resolved by entering the following commands into the console: These commands do not necessitate the actual purchase of the alchemy lab upgrade. prid e4ef9 disable prid e4ec8 enable
- It's possible that the weapon plaque in the loft and the weapon rack by the entrance are out of reach.
- Version 2 eliminates this issue. Unofficial Patch 1.0.0 for Skyrim
- Even if you haven't bought Breezehome yet, you will be able to access it once you've won the Battle for Whiterun. The steward, however, still insists that you pay the 5,000 gold price for the home.
- There is a chance that changing the alchemy lab into a kid's bedroom is an option that won't go away once you buy it, and if it does, the transformation won't happen.
- It has been fixed in the latest version 1. Hearthfire Unofficial Patch Version 0.
- While Avenicci is out there on the balcony, it's possible that the option to also buy a kid-sized bed will disappear.
Gallery [ edit ]
Elevate your living space with captivating functional and aesthetic home decor accents. Unleash the power of these designs to create a truly beautiful and stylish home.
Discover the best Pottery Barn tables that effortlessly enhance your home decor with their timeless design and impeccable craftsmanship, creating a truly elevated and elegant space.
Create a stunning and unique home decor with repurposed blanket ladders. Unleash your creativity and elevate your style with these versatile and charming pieces.
Unlock your cosy stylishness in Lethal Company with this ultimate guide to obtaining the pajama suit. Upgrade your wardrobe and enjoy comfort and fashion combined. Click here to find out more.