DIY Decorations for a Baby Shower
To paraphrase what I always tell people, "make do with what you have until you can afford to get what you need," then go out and do some thrifty shopping.
That is generally true regardless of my activity, but it is especially true when I am preparing for a party.
Like The Typical Mom on Facebook for more simple ideas like these; hopefully, we'll serve as a source of motivation for your upcoming event. 😉
First impressions are the most important, so let's start there with our Dollar Store decorating idea: cute centerpieces and decorations can really bring an "OOohhhhh" when people first show up.
Your first stop should be the dollar store to see what kind of baby shower supplies they have.
You can also buy some cheap vases and fill them with colorful glass beads to decorate your home.
Inexpensive Do-It-Yourself Baby Shower Decorations
Vases, both large and small, can be bought for very little money and serve as lovely table decorations. When you fill it with colored glass or tissue paper, it takes on a rainbow of hues.
Tulle can be used to make a variety of decorations for this joyous occasion, such as bows and flowers.
- Before going out and buying something, consider whether you already have it or can make do with something else.
Centerpieces can add up in price, but you might already have some mason jars or vases lying around that you can use.
DIY Decorations for a Baby Shower
When designing centerpieces, don't forget to incorporate elements from the great outdoors. Large rooms, in particular, benefit from the grander appearance that can be achieved with just a few sticks.
Sticks are easy to come by, and while you can buy them, it would be counter to the spirit of "do it yourself" to do so.
- You can spray paint them and use them to display pom poms, pacifiers, bows, and other baby accessories.
Here's a simple guide to creating tulle pom poms, which can be used as table decorations or as part of many of the baby centerpiece ideas shown in the collage above.
Effortless DIY Decorations for a Baby Shower
Required Time: 10 minutes
DIY Ideas for a Baby Shower
Tulle should be wrapped around the fingers four times, and then the excess should be cut off.
Make a bow tie shape by placing a string or metal tie in the middle and securing it tightly.
To make the pom pom fuller, pull on the tails of the bow from both sides. They look great scattered across a table, suspended from the branches of a vase for a showy centerpiece, or stuffed into a fish bowl.
- Coffee filters and styrofoam balls can also be used to make puff balls.
- Muslin Merlot has a wonderful tutorial on making these coffee filter puff balls that can be used as a centerpiece or hung from the ceiling at a baby shower. Both of the required materials can be found at any Dollar Store.
Here you can buy extra-large coffee filters or create your own from tulle.
- Put baby socks around the bottom of a cake stand and top it off with one of these pretty balls for a quick and easy decoration.
Here are some of our favorite decorations for a baby shower.
- Baby boy or baby girl? Decorate with pink or blue flowers.
Baby Shower Decorations on a Budget
These ornaments look like they cost more than they did, but no one will ever know how little they cost to make. They have no idea that you used coffee filters and Dollar Store items to make Some
That's what we mean when we say a DIY project turned out great, right?
- Here's another adorable, budget-friendly, and edible centerpiece idea from Honey Lime for your baby shower.
- Using fancy paper straws, you can easily create these. You can purchase them from hobby shops and even Walmart occasionally. Dip tasty treats like marshmallows and chocolate into the melting mixture.
These adorable rice krispie treat pops, which can be colored pink or blue to match your baby shower's aesthetic, can serve as adorable and edible table centerpieces.
Mason jars with a layer of colored glass or tissue paper at the bottom are simple to assemble, inexpensive to fill, and adorable to display.
- Mason jars filled with a vibrant party punch recipe and decorated with labels and a cute ribbon will liven up any party table.
- You can save a lot of money on your baby shower by making cupcakes instead of ordering a cake.
Put them on a tiered platter like this and use it as a centerpiece for the baby shower.
When planning the decorations for your baby shower, don't overlook the gift table and dessert table. There are a lot of fun things you can do with them, so they are also crucial.
Using mason jars in any capacity is right up my alley, and I've included some adorable examples of this below. Consider including a box of blank note cards in which guests can leave the expecting mother their well wishes.
That's a really cheap suggestion, but it'll mean a lot to the main guest.
- For some reason, mason jars have always been my favorite storage container. A party or baby shower can have a fantastic appearance in so many different ways. Find them here, then jazz them up with some paint, flowers, and creativity.
They are available for bulk purchase for around $1 at stores like Walmart. In addition to being a cheap filler, carnations also look great. You could even just go out and pick some from your own garden. Additionally, you can find a wide variety of paint colors at Walmart for only $ 50 - $1 each
- If you're looking for a simple and cheap baby shower centerpiece idea, check out this one that was "Made" using Pinterest.
- No Biggie comes through with a cute and cheap idea using pinwheels and miniature glass bottles. You can make it any color you like, and it'll be a fun addition to the baby shower buffet. Costs only a few bucks.
These DIY bath bombs are simple enough to make in the comfort of your own home. Then label each one with the recipient's name and place it in a clear plastic bag. Put them to use as place cards; they're adorable!
- Better Together suggests using tall, colorful tulle pom poms as a baby shower decoration; alternatively, sticks or dowels could be used to achieve the same effect.
To begin, I suggest taking stock of what you already have at home. The next time you're in need of a purchase, check the Dollar General first. There is such a wide variety of items available there, you won't believe it.
Popular additions to the baby shower gift table are cards with predictions and tips for the new parents. They can serve as an extra "gift" for her at the party's conclusion.
- You can also purchase party kits for baby showers that come complete with decorations.
Be sure to play some of the free baby shower games available online, such as this hilarious and simple Baby Shower Price is Right game. The site also features a plethora of alternative baby shower games that can be printed out for free.
Cost-effective variations on traditional baby shower decorations that let you put your own spin on the event
- Postcards of appreciation
- Invitations to a baby shower that are both cute and practical
I can provide you with additional simple do-it-yourself baby shower decoration ideas.
I've done all the legwork for you and am providing a plethora of free printable baby shower games to liven up your party without breaking the bank. 😉
I have a few ideas for cheap cake pops that you can try.
**Download these free baby shower invitation templates to make your own party invitations.
Looking for some spooky Halloween decorations? Here are a few creepy options to consider.First up is the Disney Haunted Mansion Lantern, perfect for setting the eerie mood. Next, check out the Trick 'r Treat Sam Animatronic, standing at 4.3 feet tall and ready to scare.If you want something a little
It's widely known that photos can be a valuable source of inspiration for design, which is why this article includes affiliate links that can direct you to a specific decor item. By clicking on these links, a portion of the proceeds may be paid to www.decoist.com.The industrial style is undoubtedly a
Looking for the perfect rustic touch to add to your Christmas decor? Our Farmhouse Christmas Collection is just what you need! Our hand-crafted Christmas ornaments embody the charm of a bygone era and will add an exquisite touch to your Christmas tree. Made with natural jute and earthy tones, each
Decorated Life supports its readers through affiliate commissions earned from links on our site. To discover more, check out our disclosure page. By Emily Brookes on July 7, 2021, find out why industrial interior design is a creative and effortlessly cool way of using raw materials such as exposed