A Picture Guide to Decorating Envelopes (10 Steps)
Write the name of the recipient in large, bold letters on the envelope. Seeing their name in a unique font will make them feel appreciated and special. Make a statement with crayons, markers, colored pencils, or even black permanent marker.
- It all starts with a pencil and some paper when it comes to block lettering. Leave plenty of space between the words. Then, to create the blocky effect, draw an outline around each letter using straight lines to enlarge it. Get rid of the old lettering lines Bold the new lines with a marker.  Coloring the letters is optional. Make the letters stand out by filling them with eye-catching patterns like polka dots, zigzags, or checkers.
- The process for creating bubble letters is identical to that used for block lettering, except that the letters' points and corners are rounded off instead of left sharp.
- The recipient's name can also be written in cursive or calligraphy. Make the first and last letters stand out by giving them extra curls and swoops, and if you have to cross a T or F, do so creatively. ” Dot a lowercase "i" with a flower or a heart, for example. ”
The envelope can be framed by drawing a border around its edges. A touch of style can be easily added in this way. A straight line can be drawn by simply following the edges and the flap with any writing implement and a ruler. Use stamps or a border punch to add some flair to your stationery.
- Add some flair by doodling or sketching dashed lines around the perimeter. Use a pencil eraser dipped in ink to make neat little dots on the envelope.
- Construct a border with a zigzag pattern or a scalloped (rounded) one for a creative frame.
- Border the envelope with geometric figures to make it stand out. You could use X's and O's, flowers, stars, hearts, etc. In reality, you can depict whatever you like. It's important to take into account the person's preferences when thinking of potential gifts.
- Use a tiny stamp and stamp around the edges to create elaborate patterns quickly and easily.
- Add a decorative touch to your envelope by adding a border made from paper punched with a border punch and glued to the edge or flap. 
Do something personal by drawing a picture of something the recipient enjoys. Create an original drawing that reflects the recipient's personality and passions. If you're buying a present for a golfer, you could depict a golf club, a ball, and a flag; if you're buying a gift for a dog owner, you could depict a puppy, a dog house, and some bones; if you're buying a gift for a friend or family member, you We can accept stick figures.
- If you want to draw something but are at a loss for what to draw, try something upbeat like sunshine and flowers, a rainbow, or, if it's a birthday card, a cupcake or cake with candles.
- If you're not an artist, you can still make a nice-looking envelope by shading it with colored pencils. You could use any color in the rainbow, or you could try making an ombre effect by shading from light to dark within a single color. 
- You could also just draw all over the envelope. Don't stress out about making a perfect drawing. 
Making one-of-a-kind patterns with stamps or stencils is a breeze. You can use stencils with any design you like, whether it be a geometric shape, a flower, a swirl, or anything else. Try out various coloring techniques, such as shading and ombre, while you stencil. Or you could use stamps to personalize the envelope with a message or a picture.
- Arrange the stencil over the area of the envelope where the design will go. Fill in the blanks with crayons, markers, or colored pencils.
- To adjust the shade of a color, try building it up in several layers by dabbing foam onto an ink pad. 
Turn the envelope into a game to serve double duty. Send the recipient an awesome envelope with a creative task inside. Create a crossword puzzle, a word search, or a riddle to put on the front of the card. Make them wait until they've finished the tasks on the card to open it, or give them time to do the activities at their own pace.
- Create a crossword or word search with clues that pertain to the recipient. Incorporate details about them, such as their interests, favorite color, and defining characteristics. Write the hints or list of words on the card's reverse.
- Create a clever riddle or funny joke that fits the event you are celebrating and the card you are giving. You should write your responses on the back of the envelope. Examples:
The envelope can be decorated in a flash with stickers or washi tape. Stickers can be found in virtually infinite variety. Decorative washi tape is widely available, and it comes in a wide variety of colors and patterns. The scope of this opportunity is enormous.
- Stickers can be placed in a picture formation or randomly across the envelope. In addition, a single or two stickers placed in a corner will suffice.
- For added depth and texture, use 3D stickers or foam.
- Use the washi tape to make stripes or decorative frames. 
- You can seal an envelope by placing a sticker on the point of the flap or by covering the entire flap with washi tape.
Put that paper punch to good use and make some cool shapes and patterns. From simple geometric forms like circles and ovals to elaborate patterns like flowers and scalloped circles, paper punches come in a wide variety of styles. Make an envelope more interesting by decorating it with punched-out shapes from patterned paper.
- Stack the flower templates to make three-dimensional blooms.
Make animal shapes by assembling different paper punches. You can make anything from fish and frogs to bears and owls using only a few simple shapes like circles and ovals. Even if the recipient doesn't have a particular favorite animal, you can still make them happy by giving them a stuffed animal. So, for a ladybug, you could do things like:
- Remove two black circles, one large and one small, from a punch. Attach the smaller circle to the top of the larger one with some glue or tape. The body and head are formed in this way.
- Use a large red circle punch and some black dots to create the wings. Next, divide the red circle in two. Put the wings where they can be seen to be open, and glue them to the large black circle just below the "head." ” Use a small brad to join the red semicircles to create movable wings.
Wrap the envelope with ribbon so it looks like a presentable box. In the case of monetary or card-based gifts, this is a fantastic suggestion. Take advantage of ribbon of any style or color. You can use thin or thick ribbon, or even mix and match different widths and thicknesses.
- Make a bow and glue it onto the envelope in place of tying the ribbon around it.
Give it a little something extra by putting jewels or buttons on it. Embellish the envelope with glittering faux gems and pearls. Use them to make random patterns or elaborate designs like wavy lines. If you or someone you know is into girly things or jewelry, this could be a lot of fun. Gluing buttons to the envelope will give it a different feel and make it more eye-catching.
Have you ever thought about putting a romantic design on an envelope?
Gluing pressed flowers to the envelope and drawing a couple of hearts on it can give the card a romantic vibe.
Instructions for tying a ribbon around an envelope
Putting a bow on the ribbon and gluing it on is an option. Stripes can be made by wrapping it around the corner of the envelope and gluing it in place. If you prefer, you can also use the ribbon to create a package-like bow and secure it around the envelope.
Do you have to hand deliver these or can they be mailed?
The postal service may not be able to trust the ribbon and stickers. If you draw on an envelope for mail delivery but leave room for the addresses and postage, that's fine. It's also a good idea to use two envelopes, one without ribbons and stickers for mailing, and one with, to prevent damage during transit.
Updated: March 29, 2019
Categories: Creativities with Notes and Envelopes
- Write your favorite authors a fan letter.
Elevate your living space with captivating functional and aesthetic home decor accents. Unleash the power of these designs to create a truly beautiful and stylish home.
Discover the best Pottery Barn tables that effortlessly enhance your home decor with their timeless design and impeccable craftsmanship, creating a truly elevated and elegant space.
Create a stunning and unique home decor with repurposed blanket ladders. Unleash your creativity and elevate your style with these versatile and charming pieces.
Unlock your cosy stylishness in Lethal Company with this ultimate guide to obtaining the pajama suit. Upgrade your wardrobe and enjoy comfort and fashion combined. Click here to find out more.